Wednesday 2 October 2013

Prompt #16 If I were to be stranded, what three things I would take?

 If I were to be stranded on an island, what three things would I take…?

The first thing that pops up into my mind is to bring Hatsuko.  I think if I were to be stranded alone, I would probably die in a very short amount of time.  I’m kind of clumsy and I always find trouble.  I would also be lonely, if Hatsy was there with me, then I could have someone to play with and work with.  She and I work pretty well together; teamwork is the dream work. Being stranded with Hatsy would be filled with very interesting.  We are both crazy and I think the days there would be full of weird surprises.  We are both extremely curious and have the same childish imagination so we would also be like adventurers and explore the island.  If I had to be alone on a stranded island, I would get seriously lonely.  I would probably find a coconut, paint its face maybe with blood and then name it Wilson, like the volleyball in the movie Cast away (with Tom Hanks!).

The second thing I would bring would be a machete.  At first I contemplated on bringing a sword, but that’s kinda weird.  So I thought of a machete.  I want to bring a machete because in many foresty island exploring adventure scenes the people use machetes.  Also, in Saipan people use machetes for lots of things like opening coconuts, cutting trees, bushes many things!  Having some sort of knife object is very important for survival because there are some things that you can’t just open with our bare hands.  We can use it to clear tall grass to create pathways, use it to cut marks in trees so we can mark where we are going, and even sharpen branches and sticks so we can make spears or arrows.

The last thing I would bring would be a lifestraw.  A lifestraw is a portable water filter that you can use as a straw.  You can drink from any water source because the filtering system inside the straw will filter the water making it clean so we can drink without getting sick.  The straw filters any kind of water so we can safely drink it.  Without it, we would be drinking water that might have dangerous bacteria.  Without water, we would become dehydrated and can die of thirst.  Drinking seawater is also dangerous; seawater has a lot of salt and minerals, much more and than what our body actually needs and also additional stuff that might be dangerous to our bodies.  Seawater also contains salt, having too much salt can kill our kidneys and also drinking seawater will make us even more dehydrated, have impairment of judgment.  So having the lifestraw will allow us to drink any kind of water safely without the fear of endangering our bodies.


And these are the things that I would bring if I were to be stranded in an island. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment