Monday 28 October 2013

Prompt #22 Big School or Small School?

 If I had to choose between a big school or a small school, I would probably choose a small school.  Although I have never gone to a big school, I think I prefer small schools.  Being in a small school, you get to easily know the people there, since there are not as much people in small schools.
 
I like the fact that in a small school, there are not a huge amount of students.  I think 30 students in a class is enough.  When we are in a small class, it is much easier for a teacher to identify a student.  It also gives teachers more time to focus on a single student.  If it were a big school, teachers would have a hard time helping a single student since there are so many students.  Sometimes having a lot of students can overwhelm a teacher with paperwork and grades.  Having a small class can also involve all of the students in the lesson. 

I also like the fact that in small schools, you don’t lost very easily.  I am neither the best navigator nor have the best memory.  I tend to get lost easily and forget where I’m going sometimes.  Having a small school cuts down on the time searching or walking to class, unlike in a big school, you might have to run to your next class or try to find someone to help you navigate through the campus.  Also, I am not very talkative and am shy.  This makes me very slow to make friends sometimes.  In small schools, people tend to know everyone since there are not a lot of people and everyone in your grade is in every class you are in so it is easier to make friends with everyone.  In big schools, there are hundreds and even thousands attending classes.  That means that there are a lot of people, some that you see in like only one class or never at all, they may be in your grade but you just never had a class with them.  I am also kind of claustrophobic, if I am surrounded by a mass of people I tend to freak out sometimes and try to find either a secluded corner or find an exit.


Although I am not a big fan of big schools, I am really curious to know what it really is like in one.  I have many assumptions like I would not be able to make as much friends, get lost all the time, and being surrounded by a mass of people in hallways.  I think my assumptions may be wrong and I am willing to see if they are.





No comments:

Post a Comment