Wednesday 4 September 2013

Prompt #8 In the past people were friendlier than we are today? Do you agree or disagree?

I think that people were friendlier in the past.  Right now, there are a lot of hostilities going on between people.  I think in the past, people were less hostile than they are today.  I also think that people are also not as sociable than before.  I think this because of all the problems that people are facing right now around the world; people are becoming stressed and hostile.  They might take out their stress on other people and be mean or less friendly to other people.  In the past, I think there were a lot less problems than there is today.  The economy was good, no one was fighting, no conflicts between people or nations, no one lost their jobs etc.  Right now, I think the economy is kind of going down, jobs are being lost and there is conflict between nations, this is making people become unfriendly to others. 

I also think that people are unfriendly right now is because they are becoming very competitive.  Before in the past like maybe a few years ago, people were not as competitive as before and were more willing to help.  This happens a lot in academics and in schools.  There are a lot of students who strive to be on top and graduate in high honor and go to a good college or graduate at the top of the college class.  Some students may not want to help others because they might not want to share their intelligence with other students so that person can become higher academically than them.  Students might feel competitive with other students who might be smarter than them having better grades, that they might be jealous so they are unfriendly with that person.  Over the years, I think that academics are becoming more difficult and much more important than before.  Having good education is very important in life, so we can have good jobs.

I lastly think that people are unfriendly now than before is because of unfamiliarity.  Some people might do or believe in things that you might not.  Or you might know that person before in the past and were good friends before, but now you two are not in good terms as before because you drifted apart like you now have different goals, or interests.  Its like there is no more connection, you are like a different person than before.  This happened to me too; when I was younger I grew up and was really close to my cousin who lived right next to me before.  We did a lot of things together and had the same interests.  We were also the same.  But then she moved away and I never saw her again until seven years later.  When we finally met again, we were so different.  It was really weird and we didn’t connect to each other, we were like strangers to each other.  Since she grew up in a different environment than I did, she acted, dressed and talked a lot more different than I do now.  Before we were almost the same in everything we did, how we dressed, what we liked, how we talked but now it’s really different and unfamiliar.  We are like the exact opposites of each other, we still talk but our connection is not as good as before.


 Although, not all people are like that.  There are still a lot of people who are still friendly.  It just depends on the person.  Some may be nice, some may not.

No comments:

Post a Comment