Monday 26 August 2013

Prompt #5 Your favorite trip

My favorite trip was when I went to Peru.  It was the most amazing trip that I had ever gone on.  Not only did I get to travel without my parents to an unfamiliar continent, but also I got to go there with my friends. 
The trip to Peru was a school trip that happens every two years for the freshman and sophomore class.  It is called Destino Peru.  The trip was introduced by Ms. Mili, who wanted to teach students about her culture and the places where she grew up.  It is one of the things that students looked forward to when they become high school.  I got to do it when I was a sophomore.
The very beginning of the trip started off with a pretty rocky start.  We left to the airport on June 12, 2013 at 2am~ There were a lot of us going on the trip, the biggest class that Ms.Mili has every brought with her.  But our flight was delayed and we ended up leaving the next day and we also had to take an extra flight to Costa Rica to get to Lima, Peru. 
Our trip started off in Lima, there we visited a school and interacted with the students.  We also met some of Ms. Mili’s relatives like Paula Chichizola, Pablo and Laura.
We went to other cities like Cuzco and Arequipa by bus.  We spent a lot of time in the bus.  Playing in the bus was one of my favorite parts of the trip, we really bonded during the long bus rides and it was a lot of laughs and fun.  My main bus buddy was Hatsy!  We played and sat together on the bus every time J.  She was also my roommate for almost the whole tripJ.  The hotel in Cuzco was the best hotel we ever stayed in, the rooms were really pretty and the food there was okay.  In Arequipa, we visited another school, and met our pen pals.  My pen pal was Ariana.  She’s so SWEET!  The students were very nice and friendly.  Even though I didn’t remember half their names, it was very fun.  They showed us around the mall and even threw us a party the night before we left Arequipa.  Arequipa was my favorite place to visit, I liked the hotel, the students, and especially the doorman who was extremely nice and also the owner of the hotel, he was also very nice. 
Machu Picchu was also an awesome place.  It was tiring to walk up all those steps to the top, but the view was AMAZING.  We were on top of the clouds so we could actually see them below us and some even passed through us.  It was also very rainy when we visited Machu Picchu so in the end we were soaked from head to toe. 
We also went to a Llama and Alpaca farm.  They were so cute!  We even got to feed them.  While I was there I learned that llamas really do spit when they’re angry, some of them spit at some of my classmates.

But my MOST memorable part of the trip was when I saw snow for the first time.  We stopped on the side of the road to play, and in the midst of playing; I stepped on a puddle and soaked my shoes.  I ended up wearing flip-flops for the rest of the ride on the mountain.  My feet were freezing.  There so many other things we did like visit a children’s hospital, sand boarding, river rafting, zip lining, the chocolate museum, garment factory and a history museum.  All of which were amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment