Thursday 22 August 2013

Prompt #4: Is it better to use your knowledge and experience to solve problems than ask other people for advice. Do you agree or disagree?




I think it is better if you ask for advice from other people and also use your own knowledge and experience to solve problems.  I think that taking advice from other people and also using your own knowledge and experience will be of better help than just taking peoples advice or just using your past experiences and what you have learned. 

Asking people for advice is normal, if you think that you don’t have any clue, are lost and don’t know what to do, asking for other peoples help is a sometimes a necessary solution.  You do not always have the answer to everything so asking other people for help is totally okay and anyway a bad thing to do.  Some people might not like the idea of asking for help, but sometimes I think it is necessary to just take a deep breath and just do it.  Some people might have a hard time approaching people for advice because they might be too independent on themselves that they think they don’t need the help and take advice from other people.  I personally, am an independent person because I was always by myself for most of my younger years.  I usually did things alone, like do my homework and sometimes I eat dinner alone because everyone in my house is so busy, so I always had a lot of time to myself.  But I, at times can be really dependent on people too.  I am easily swayed to go with other people’s advice and opinion than to trust my own gut sometimes, which makes me really confused and I start to over think the problem.  We make mistakes at times and the problem gets worse, but people are not perfect and we always make mistakes.  We just have to learn from it and move on.  This also gives us more experience!




Asking for others peoples help is always a good idea before going out to try to solve a problem.  Even if you think that you have the answer to something, you should ask people who also had the same problem as you.  Of course you shouldn’t do exactly as what that person had done in the past, but it should give you some ideas to help you figure out the best way to tackle the problem.  Sometimes a person’s advice might not seem like the answer for you, so that is the time to trust your own gut and go with they way you think is the way you should go.

Teens and children are very inexperienced with the world; we can be stubborn, defiant, curious, and think that we know what we are doing and think that its right at the time, but in reality it could be deemed as an idiotic move.  This is where the guidance of the adults come in, they were like us before, teenagers, and acted just like us in the past.  They have gone through the same problems as us and may have some advice for young rebellious, stubborn kids to not do what they did, think twice and use their head.
 
“Its up to you, your choices, your life” this is what my mom always says to me when I ask her for help, this has been one of the most stressful and most helpful advice that I had ever gotten.  It taught me to really think, Should I follow their advice? Or do I do what I think is the right way? Sometimes things don’t turn out they way you want them to and sometimes its better to go with what you think is the best solution to a problem.

So trust your gut and go!

No comments:

Post a Comment