Thursday 12 December 2013

Prompt #33 What I believe about the meaning of life?



The questions, “What is the meaning of life?” “Why are we here?” “What is our purpose?” are philosophical questions that question the significance of life in general.  For me, I think that there is no actual definition to what is the meaning of life is, except to live the way YOU want to live.  I think that the best way to spend our lives is to do what we want to do.

For me, the meaning of life is to be happy.  I think that we are truly living our lives when we are happy.  If we are not happy, we are miserable, sad, depressed, stressed, angry and anything else that that is the opposite of happiness.  Unhappiness is something everyone doesn’t want in his or her lives.  That is why people shouldn’t do things that make them unhappy.   It can make them have a pessimistic view on life.  When people have pessimistic thoughts, they are clearly not very happy and maybe not enjoying their life.  That’s why people should search for happiness in their lives.  When people are happy, they are more positive and optimistic. 

That for me is what I think people should do for their lives.  Trying to find happiness.  If I die having an unhappy life, I think that it was like I wasted my time being alive.  I didn’t use my life wisely and I didn’t get to enjoy it.  I want to die happily like I used my time well and enjoyed it. 

There are a lot of things that make me happy things like the movie Frozen, Spongebob, my family and friends and a lot of other things.  I am happy right now, but there are still a lot of things that I want to do.  I want to at least check off a couple of things from my bucket list such as finish college, climb a tree, go to Canada, have a doggy, go to Disney World and feed alligators and crocodiles.  There is so much more I want to do in my life and I hope I get to do most of it.
 
I believe that there is no actual meaning to “What is the meaning of life?” but I think it means that we must live the way we want to live.  And for me, the way I want to live is to live happy and then die happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment