Sunday 8 December 2013

Prompt #32 What I believe about justice.



Justice is the concept of being just, moral and righteous.  It is the moral principle and law of what is fair.  There are four types of definition of justice:
                          1.     Authority
                          2.     Democracy
                          3.     Tradition

                         4.     Rationality
For me, what I believe about justice will probably not be the same as what it will be when I get older.  Since I am still young and not mature enough to really understand what goes on in the world today, my views on how I see justice will still change.  There are a lot of things that I don’t understand and am still too young to even know, my views are still kind of juvenile. 

The main thing that I believe about justice is that we should always hear BOTH sides of a story.  I cannot stress how much this means to me.  Whenever there is a conflict, I think that listening to both stories of the two conflicting sides is the most sensible and the most obvious thing to do to find out who is at fault.  I don’t understand how some people can just choose who is at fault when they only hear only one story, especially if its one with a story that is in favor of them~ the ‘victim.’
I also don’t like it if one side is at an unfair advantage.  I think that when there is a conflict, especially if it involves the court, both sides should be represented on an equal level.  And when there is bias between the conflicting sides and the one that gets to do the ruling.

As for the four types of justice, I honestly don’t understand them.  But for the justice of authority for me, whatever my parents say, goes.  I have to listen to them and obey what they say.  I never have a say in anything since they would most likely not even listen, so I usually don’t even bother objecting or questioning them. 
For the second one democracy, I have no idea what that means.  Maybe it is what the government and politicians’ say?  That is something I am really not interested in right now.
For the third one, tradition, I also don’t really understand it.  I think it means that do exactly what had been done before?  Like we think just like how our ancestors would think?  I don’t really like that idea, ideas change over time and I think that is sometimes a good thing.
Lastly, the fourth one, rationality, like I said before, we should always listen to both sides of the story.  That is, I think, the most rational thing to do.

I think that justice is an important principle in protecting people.  My views of what is right and wrong about justice will continually change, as I get older and more knowledgeable about the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment